Thursday, June 7, 2012

Freakkkkkkk !


Oh! The comfort of lying down under a thick blanket in the chilly rainy mornings, warming every bit of your body, this has to be my idea of bliss. One fine morning on Sunday, after an amazing dream, I opened my eyes to enter into another. And my mind swayed back in the past towards that part of the brain where childhood memories are stacked and preserved.

There I was, in the bed, cozily slumbering on a Sunday. Just then, Tin Tin, Snowy and Captain Haddock’s 10,000 Billions of bilious blue blistering barnacles woke me up.. Always wondered how promptly alarms work (TV alarm)…. It was 5 am and I and my younger Bro, Akshay used to kick start our Sunday in this fashion.. Yes, we were cartoon freaks..We still are.. Cartoon Network was my life.. I owe a lot to it, for being such a good companion no matter what the weather was!

An hour of Tin Tin, followed by The Adventures of Scooby and Scrappy Doo held me in the bed, needless to say , everyone in the house was still asleep … Julie, my Pomeranian Bitch (for all those with the raised eyebrows, bitch here means female dog ;) ) disturbed me with her bark, she demanded her breakfast early in the morning.. Served her during the break and was back into my heavenly soothing bed..,.
Moments later, Popeye and Bluto appeared on the Channel to contest for Olive, the girl with bamboo legs  :P She just had enough skin needed to shield her bones.. :P… I must confess my love for spinach was merely due to Popeye..

The day then went on to witness The PowerPuff Girls, Tom and Jerry and other shows too… And for a cartoon freak like me it was an extravaganza..

My mind travelled large distance returning back to reality, where I did lay on the cot, rain splashes hitting the eardrums and me thinking about those good old days.. Ah! I miss ‘em all..

Duck Tales, Talespin and Johny Quest always enthralled me.. Sometimes I even personified Mowgli and had words with Julie..  My love for gadgets then was at peak when I used to see Batman and Swat Kats perform some amazing feats.. Always wished to be at the tranquil residence which would be ruffled by Courage the Cowardly Dog’s crazy activities…  The love between Peter Parker and Mary Jane was my favourite love story then..  I always hoped , someday I discover the gummy bears and request them for the gummy juice which could enable me to jump far distances in no time..

Captain Planet not only entertained but also taught me the way to deal with some useful environmental issues, so that we make this place , our earth a better place to live in.. Dexter's Laboratory was my childhood goal ! Loved the way, he used to treat his sis, Didi ! ;)
Often , When I was alone, I used to slide a box in an open space in the verandah and enact like I was taming a ghost to enter the box , just like , Ghost Busters did…  I could go all day long to write about my love for cartoons, but I stop here.


Ah! What a time it was, golden days of one’s precious childhood, I must say..

These days, I feel like a weird nostalgic bum, craving to go to the past but the slap of this cruel present wakes me up bringing me back to the senses.. Could not wait for 14th November to let the child in me speak aloud.. Felt like sharing..
Hope, it reminded yu all cartoon freaks about the fabulous part of life.. . Well sometimes , exploring the past again, is truly a walk on the air! No?!!! J


11 comments:

  1. indeed it was a great time.. Cartoon taught us lot things in our childhood and they are still teaching us now days also.
    Back then in my time TV was hardly there but i still remember HE Man, Giant Robot, Tom & jerry, Ducktales, Mowgali.. and much more..
    Nice article keep posting.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, Nagesh and Deepak :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well written man.....nostalgic about cartoons...i remembr Alladin the most!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thnxx Zing ! Yupp, it was so impulsive, I forgot some amazing ones.. Alladin too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow a kul compo.... luv to read uu... kip writng mann :) :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahahaha...Nostalgic!!! :P... got few of those cartoons @ flat...:P
    BTW awsome it was, same was with me... :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cartoon Network was AWESOME! I miss it, I do! This post got me nostalgic. :)

    ReplyDelete